... in thinking about decisions
I asked myself why St Ignatius makes such a fuss about decision making. I know where I am headed: the kingdom of heaven. I know the way and it is clearly signposted in the Gospels. I am determined unhesitatingly to help anybody who needs help I can give. With these decisions made what is left for me to decide? God made some suggestions.
- When I get up in the morning
- When I pray, and how
- When I eat, and what I eat
- What tasks I carry out, how well I do them
- When I rest, and how I refresh my soul
- Whom I speak with, what we talk about, for how long.
These daily decisions will determine if I am available to help those who need me, ensure that I do not miss any signposts and bring me joyfully to my destination.