Talking about Mental Illness
Dr Gill Yellowless, Psychiatrist
Two separate days: Both days will include a mix of teaching, small group discussions and reflection with the opportunity to think about spiritual aspects.
Day 1: Saturday
- An introduction to the symptoms of mental illness
- Models for understanding mental disorder
- The impact that mental illness can have on everyday life
- How we respond and offer support to people suffering from mental illness;
- Issues around safety.
Day 2: Sunday
- A more in-depth look at stress and anxiety
- Depression and psychosis
- Support for carers.
For those who came on Gill's day at the ISC last year, day one covers most of the same material, whereas day two would represent a new material. The days can be taken separately @ £25 each.